Submit a recipe here
by Anon, added on April 8, 2021, 8:52 a.m.
My favourite curry!
a drop of oil
250g of cashew nuts
another drop of oil
a knob of butter
a large onion
a thumb of ginger
2 small green chillies
a bay leaf
a 3cm cinnamon stick
a tin of tomatoes
3 teaspoons of ground coriander
a teaspoon of chilli powder
¼ of a teaspoon of turmeric
a good handful of kasoori methi
a small pot of single cream (or vegan cream)
1. Heat a drop of oil in the curry pot, and roast the cashews in it until golden. Meanwhile grate the onion and the ginger.
2. Remove the cashews to a plate and set aside.
3. Heat another drop of oil and the knob of butter in the same pan. Add the bay leaf, cloves and the cinnamon stick. Sauté for half a minute.
4. Add the onion, ginger and green chilies, and season with salt. Sweat until the onion becomes translucent.
5. Add the turmeric, chili powder and ground coriander. Crush the kasoori methi leaves in the hand, then add them too. Cook for a minute.
6. Add the tomatoes. Half cover the pan and cook until oil starts to ooze out and all the moisture has evaporated.
7. Add the roasted cashews, and cook for a minute.
8. Mix in the cream.
9. Finally add some coriander leaves.
Back to index.